Monday, November 4, 2013

Karen is slack!

I haven't written a post for ages. The last time I tried it wouldn't add the photos but I will try again.last time I'd been to retreat and finished a quilt top. I'm trying to find a fabric for the border but the Charisma by Chez Moi is about ten years old and not available in NZ so I have to find something similar.

At the moment I'm making an eye spy kinda quilt for my neighbours who will both have turned 70 by Boxing Day this year. I found Polaroid quilts on Pinterest , each block looks like a Polaroid photo. It's looking good but no photo yet so I will post one when I get it together. I also have to make an eyespy baby quilt before Christmas for their 2nd grandson who is due early December. I love making them and the adults and children love them. Educational too.

We are going through a restructure at work. It's been very stressful as my team have been disestablished. But last Wednesday we found out they have allowed enough new jobs for us so I'm confident I will be okay.  We don't know till February so I can enjoy Christmas.

Speaking of work, I need to go there so I'd better say goodbye and get ready. Have a wonderful day everyone. Karen


3 comments:

Chris H said...

so relieved you still have a job.
Stew... well it's still up in the air, so we are still stressed out about it all.
As for the quilts, I will have a look on Pinterest.

Chris H said...

Where did my comment go? I left one on this post already!
Oh well... thinking of you.
Hope your new job within the company is as good as the previous one.
Stew knows nothing yet... he could have a job... or not.

Chris H said...

It's been a year....